Avast Cleanup Premium
Erase unneeded data and get rid of leftover files to gain free space, or tune your computer’s registry and optimize the system to increase its speed. Without a dedicated uninstaller that can remove leftovers, applications leave behind data in the registry, which might lead to a more sluggish PC and occupied storage space.
Clean unnecessary files and tracking cookies:
- The modern-looking interface reveals all three functions of Avast! Cleanup, namely to clean the PC, optimize it, and schedule new scans.
- Once the analysis is complete, the cleanup tool displays the number of junk files, browser cache, add-ons, as well as the download and browsing history. It shows obsolete software and driver packages, shared DLL files, and reads the system logs to help you free up as much storage space as possible.
- Avast! Cleanup also targets the tracking cookies that installed browsers have gathered in time and detect whether you are using a restroom with a poor reputation. Depending on its findings, cleaning might take more or less time.
Optimize the system and schedule new scans:
- Avast! Cleanup can also find potentially dangerous apps, erroneous system settings, as well as obsolete registry entries and startup items. System optimization might require a restart, but you shouldn’t worry, as a reboot is needed for the cleanup to be completed.
- Thanks to the integrated scheduler, Avast! Cleanup can monitor the PC in real-time and detect if any residual files are left behind. Additionally, you can also opt for scheduling a cleanup at a predefined time, a process that will not affect your daily activity.
A secure cleaner that requires further improvements:
- After a while, anyone feels the need to have their computers run faster, and Avast! Cleanup Premium is specifically cut out for that. It can tweak the registry and the system settings to make the PC run smoothly and boot faster.
- While it promises to clean up the system and optimize the PC, the application might fail to do so at some point, as happened during our tests.