This is a powerful compression tool with many integrated additional functions to help you organize your compressed archives. It can back up your data and reduce the size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP, and other files downloaded from the Internet, and create new archives in RAR and ZIP file format.
- Where appropriate, the SFX archive displays the additional line with detailed error information provided by the operating system.
- For example, previously such an archive would display a “Cannot create file” message alone.
- In the past, this extended error information was available in WinRAR, but not in SFX archives.
- Switch hides archived names also in ‘v’ and ‘l’ commands. It can be useful if only the archive type or total information is needed.
- It is a powerful compression tool with many integrated additional functions to help you organize your compressed archives.
- It puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression. By consistently creating smaller archives, WinRAR is often faster than the competition. This will save you disk space, transmission costs, AND valuable working time as well.
- Supports all popular compression formats (RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, ACE, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z, and 7-Zip).
- It is ideal for multimedia files. Automatically Download WinRar recognizes and selects the best compression method. The special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, executables, and object libraries particularly well.
- It allows you to split archives into separate volumes easily, making it possible to save them on several disks for example.
- It allows you to create self-extracting and multivolume archives.
- Recovery records and recovery volumes allow the reconstruction of even physically damaged archives.
- It is also ideal if you are sending data through the web. Its 256-bit password encryption and its authenticated signature technology will give you the peace of mind you have been looking for.
- It is easier to use than many other archivers with the inclusion of a special “Wizard” mode which allows instant access to the basic archiving functions through a simple question and answer procedure. This avoids confusion in the early stages of use.
- It is a trial product, meaning you have the chance to thoroughly test it. The program can be used absolutely free of charge for 40 days!
- Licenses are valid for all available language and platform versions. If you have purchased several licenses, you can even mix versions to meet your own personal needs.