The file manager for Windows is similar to Windows Explorer. But Total Commander uses a different approach: it has two fixed windows side by side like a well-known file manager for DOS. Never stop and such functions as UUE / MIME / XXE encoding/decoding and cutting/splicing of log files, as well as many other features that are extremely necessary for working with files.
- Two file windows side by side
- Multiple language and Unicode support
- Enhanced search function
- Compare files (now with editor) / synchronize directories
- Quick View panel with bitmap display
- ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling + plugins
- Built-in FTP client with FXP (server to server) and HTTP proxy support
- Parallel port link, multi-rename tool
- Tabbed interface, regular expressions, history+favorites buttons
- Thumbnails view, custom columns, enhanced search
- Compare editor, cursor in lister, separate trees, logging, enhanced overwrite dialog, etc.
- Unicode names almost everywhere, long names (>259 characters), a password manager for FTP and plugins, synchronize empty dirs, 64-bit context menu, quick file filter (Ctrl+S)
- New: USB port connection via special direct transfer cable, partial branch view (Ctrl+Shift+B), and many improvements to FTP, synchronizing, and other functions
- And many more!