A lightweight application able to monitor your browser activity and detect potential threats that may comprise system security. The tool was specifically built to add an extra layer of security to your system, in order to protect you whenever you shop on the Internet or perform online banking operations. It offers real-time PC protection against software exploits, drive-by downloads, crypto-ransomware, online fraud, and identity theft.
- Improved CryptoGuard detection
- Improved WoW64 mitigation
- Improved upgrade of build 7xx to an 8xx build
- Improved installer to detect partial old installation
Intuitive interface and malware scans:
- The tool sports an attractive and clear-cut interface and offers to perform a malware scan right after installation, in order to get the security assessment of your computer.
- Scan results show the name, full path of the infected file, and type of each threat. You can either delete files or ignore threats, as well as apply an action to the current file or all of them. These log details can be saved to file for later examination.
Safe browsing and exploit mitigation:
- When it comes to safe browsing, HitmanPro.Alert protects your activities surrounding online banking, shopping, or webmail. It offers support for many browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Maxthon, Comodo Dragon, Pale Moon, Tor Browser Bundle, Avant Browser, Spark Browser, SRWare Iron and Yandex Browser.
- The feature dedicated to exploit mitigation prevents several third-party applications from current and future vulnerability attacks, like Java, VLC Media Player, Windows Media Player, Windows Media Center, Wordpad, and Adobe Flash Player. Currently running processes that aren’t supported by HitmanPro.Alert are shown in another panel, so you can at least be aware of risks.