The powerful computer security program that you can use to control access to files, folders, and other Windows resources. You can use Folder Guard to lock your personal files and folders with passwords, to stop other users from peeking into your records. You can even completely hide your private folders from virtually all applications, and such folders would remain invisible until you enter a valid password. You can also protect sensitive system files from modification or destruction, disable access to the removable drives, restrict access to Control Panel, and more.
- The temporary passwords with expiration dates can now be used to pause the protection or unlock the pasword-protected folders.
- Several minor improvements and corrections have been made.
- Folder Guard can hide your personal folders from other users: You can set up Folder Guard to hide your private folders (or make them appear empty). The folder would be hidden from virtually any program, including Windows Explorer, Office, MS-DOS programs, etc.
- Folder Guard can password-protect and restrict access to file folders: You can password-protect any document folder to prevent access to your personal files without knowing the password. You can set up Folder Guard to allow only certain users to change the computer settings with Control Panel while denying that to other users.
- Folder Guard can control access to programs and files: You can prevent other users (even the administrators) from using the system tools that can mess up your Windows installation, while allowing such use for yourself or someone who knows the Master password. You can also designate the backup programs as the trusted ones, allowing them to back up your protected files in the background without asking you for the password every time.
- Folder Guard can lock access to the USB, CD-ROM, and other removable drives: You can configure Folder Guard to allow or deny access to the removable drives, restricting the user’s ability to run or install unauthorized programs on your computer.