Araxis Merge Pro
Take control. Be productive. Join tens of thousands of other pros using Araxis software. Araxis Merge is a software program that has been created specifically in order to help you visually compare, merge, and synchronize text files and folders.
- For legal and publishing professionals: instantly identify every change between different contracts or manuscript drafts. Directly open and compare the text from Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), OpenDocument, PDF, and RTF files. Copy text from other applications (such as Microsoft Word) and paste it directly into a text comparison.
- For code reviewers and auditors: identify in context every change made between two or three source code hierarchies. Create a standalone HTML or XML report of your findings. Add bookmarks and comments to a file or folder comparison, then save it as a single-file archive for emailing to other team members for review.
- For software engineers and web developers: compare, understand, and combine different source file versions. Work quickly and accurately, whether you are comparing individual files or reconciling entire branches of source code. Use three-way comparison to integrate changes made by you, and those made by a colleague, with a common ancestor version. Synchronize a website with its staging area via FTP using the supplied FTP plugin
- For release and quality control managers: compare different source code branches to give total confidence that you know and understand every change made to every file for a specific release. Compare product releases to be certain that only the expected files have been modified. Create an HTML or XML report of changes for audit purposes.
- Other users: Whether you are working with multiple revisions of text files or need to keep multiple folder hierarchies in sync (for example, between a desktop and laptop machine), Merge could help save time and reduce errors by helping you to work quickly and accurately.