A new cleaning and maintenance utility for Windows from a software developer MacPaw Inc., which has already made a strike with its product CleanMyMac. CleanMyPC includes a suite of cleaning tools for Windows computers. The main cleaning component promises to remove gigabytes of files from a PC and is backed up by five maintenance tools: Secure Erase, Complete Uninstall, Registry Maintenance, Autorun, and Gadgets & Extensions Manager.
- Caches & Logs: While Windows and applications run on your computer they usually store chunks of “prepared” data on the hard drive to expedite load. Those chunks are called “Cache files”.
- Help Files: Most applications (as well as Windows itself) come with help files that contain information about program functionality and workflow. You can safely remove help files for the applications that you already use freely.
- Extra Languages: Some applications also come with built-in language translations (for example Spanish, Russian or German). This only influences interface translations – you can still type text in any language within the app.
- Additional Utilities: In addition to cleaning and scanning features CleanMyPC comes with a set of built-in utilities that are aimed to help you keep your computer reliable, fast, clean and working like a new one.
- Secure Erase: When you simply remove files to and from Recycle Bin they can still be brought back by third-party data recovery software. Yet sometimes you need to remove files for good – and this is where CleanMyPC?s “Secure Erase” will help you.